Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wrong Table Name

Hi all,

I have two tables in an excel file… I loaded one table into Qlikview and store it into a qvd and then I dropped the table… Then I loaded the second table and forgot to name the table.. Once reloaded the application, it automatically takes the name of the table I have dropped previously..

I think this is an issue of Qlikview… Any comments on this issue…?

Thank You!

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

This doen not normally happen. Might be problem is with some where in the application. Can we have a look at it?

thanks.

tresesco

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Check with the attached sample application.. It always happen if we forget to name the tables.

Thanks!

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you are right. it is happening so!

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I suspect that this is QlikView being 'imaginative' with the definition of 'a label immediately precedes a load statement' (p342 in reference manual).

When you load your second Table you have not specified a Table name, so its first check is 'is there a label above this load?' It looks above and finds some file manipulation (your store and drop) and a load, with a label.

The naming logic must adapt to multiple load statements in sequence as being all part of the same load because you could indeed have several "load on load", all part of one table, or from multiple sources (some of my loads depend on this behaviour) so it essentially assumes you meant to use the 'Table1' label and uses it. Because you have already dropped that table it doesn't cause any conflict on naming (if you had not dropped the table it would name the second table as Table1-1).

Not so much an issue as an unexpected outcome!