Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access and Publisher problem

So I've successfully implemented section access to hide/show tabs based on AD logins for my users.

However, when I go try to load the QVW onto the portal with publisher, it fails. It says the QVW might need a user name and password and can't open it.

How do I give publisher rights to the file in my section access?

I tried putting in a "SERIAL" column in my section access and inserting the servers license number but that did not work.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone have any ideas?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You must include the Publisher service userid in your SA table.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Does that go under my USERID column? What do I do for password? Is there anything else I need to put as well?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I got publisher to reload the qvw.

Now I have a new problem. Once its reloaded and goes into the access point, I specify what groups can see it in the access point and then section access reduces them further to the specific people I said in the script. However, when they try to open it in the access point it tells them they dont have access. Even myself, as the admin with full rights to every tab in the section access, can see it in access point but is denied access to the document.

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

can you provide your section access table, with some sample values?

it should be with the following structure for domain users:

ACCESS                    NTNAME                                  USERID       PASSWORD      <OTHER_FIELDS>

USER             <domain_name>\<user_name>               *                        *               <specific values>

regards

Not applicable
Author

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME,

ADMIN, JOHN.DOE,

ADMIN, JANE.DOE,

USER, JOSHUA.SMITH,

USER, ASHLEY.SMITH,

ADMIN, <my publisher account>

];

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, TAB1, TAB2, TAB3, TAB4, TAB5, TAB6,

JOHN.DOE, X, X, X, X, X, X,

etc..

etc..

etc..

Publisher account, X, X, X, X, X, X,

];

Not applicable
Author

This new problem is becoming urgent if someone could help that would be great.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As far as I know, you cannot use NTNAME (or any the other special SA fields) as the Data link column. You must use a new name. If I'm correct, your problem is likely that you have strict exclusion checked and the user is linked to no data.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Well whats odd is that it works correctly if my users go to the location of the file. It will only open for those in the list and reduces correctly while denying anyone who is not on the list.

If I take that EXACT same file and load it into publisher to go onto the access point, it denies everyone from accessing the qvw on the access point. Even me, who has admin/rights to all data in the qvw.

Could this be a bug?