Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanmachine
Partner - Contributor III

Full Browser Version Session Recovery in QV Server v11

Hi All

We have a server running v11 (11.0.11271.0) and users using the Full Browser Version (AJAX) on IE.

When a user makes a selection in a document, returns to the Access Point, then reopens the document again, it remembers the selection, for the term of the browser session.  According to the release notes this is a new feature called 'Session Recovery'.  We would like to switch this off, so the behaviour is the same as the IE Plugin, ie. it forgets the selections when you exit the document.

The documentation says this can be done with the setting as follows:

System > Setup > QlikView Servers > Documents > Allow Session Collaboration - unticked  (ticked by default)

I have tested this and it seems not to change the functionality at all.  That is, whether the above is ticked or unticked it always remembers the users selections  while the browser is open.

I did press 'Apply' when I changed the 'Allow Session Collaboration' and I did close the browser and reopen it between tests.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

beanmachine

12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The way to disable Session Recovery is by changing the setting with this name in the QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Documents tab, "Allow Session Recovery". This will do to open always in the same sheet the document was last saved, and not going back to the lastest state of selections when the user logged off or timed out.

As a side note, but important, it seems you are running the old outdated build of v11 SR1. Please download and upgrade as soon as possible to the latest build (11282) of SR1.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

beanmachine
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks for the information.

There is a correction in my original post.  When I say 'Allow Session Collaboration' I mean 'Allow Session Recovery'.  That was the setting I was tinkering with.

The problem is that turning the 'Allow Session Recovery' on or off does not seem to make any difference to the functionality.  It seems to remember the selections either way - recovery being on in each case.  However, I will upgrade to the latest build of SR1, as you rightly suggest, test again and let you know.  That server was the first v11 I did.

Thanks

beanmachine

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Disabling session recovery does not remove as far as I know the bookmarks the users have already created. So yo will need to remove them manually in the User Documents tab of the QMC, or renaming the .Shared file for the corresponding QVW file.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable

Hello Sir,

I've tried disabling & re-enabling the 'Allow Session Recovery', removed Bookmarks but nohing happens.

I need to make my OnOpen Trigger work to select maximum date when the doc opens.

I'm already using the QV version u've mentioned but nothing has worked.

In some other threads i've learned that OnOpen trigger works only with IE plug-in & not with AJAX client.

I've tried saving the document with the selections max date, so that it always opens with that state.

I'm confused, don't know what to do.

Regards

Not applicable

HI ,

I am facing the same problem with one of my documents.I have set an " On Open " trigger for opening the document on the Welcome sheet . An end user tries to access the document over the web and makes some selections on any other sheet apart from main  and closes the document. When he tries to open the document again, it is opened on the same page on which it was closed.

Disabling " Initiate Sesion recovery" and deleting Bookmarks on the managment consile  doesnt solve the problem. Is there any setting that we  need to take care of ?

Regards

Neeraj

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

What kind of actions are you trying to run when the OnOpen event is triggered?

The Session Recovery is the only way the Server has to keep the session as it was. So if the session recovery is prohibited, users should always access to the landing page (the sheet where the document was when it was last saved). Otherwise I'd thought on caches, .Shared files corrupted or so. So far, the Server I manage is running fine and as soon as I disable the Session Recovery, all users open the document in this landing page.

Might it be some kind of bug in the QlikView version you are running?

Miguel

Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

I am using the latest build of QV server 11 SR1. I have set an On Open trigger that will always open the document on the Main/Welcome sheet. On the Desktop version it works fine. The user opens the document on server and goes to a particular sheet , does some selections and closes the document. When the same user again tries to access the document thorugh the URL, it opens on the same sheet where the user left it and with the selections on. But in fact, it should open on the main sheet.

On the QV managment console , I have disabled the session recovery and deleted all server bookmarks manually. But this is not helping... Cant figure out the reason

Have you tried out with the latest build of QV server 11 SR1 ?

Regards

Not applicable

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

1) Regarding the On Open trigger : that problem is solved now as it works only in IE plugin with IE.

2) Regarding document state: Still, enbaling/disabling "Session Recovery"  and deleting the Bookmarks have no effect on the state of the doc in which it is closed in browser (Mozilla). It retains the state/selections in which it was closed

I'm using the latest build (11282) of SR1.

Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello both,

Try deleting the cache from the browser and closing it before reopening the document, just in case the browser is keeping the session information alive for some time (which may be usual).

If the QlikView Server has disabled Session Recovery and the document in the Console does not have any bookmark, it must open in the sheet where it was last saved, otherwise I'd recommend you to contact support@qlik.com so they can investigate further on why it keeps remembering selections.

I'm using both IE Plugin and Ajax client, and Chrome and IE as browsers.

Hope that helps.

Miguel