Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access and Publisher problem

So I've successfully implemented section access to hide/show tabs based on AD logins for my users.

However, when I go try to load the QVW onto the portal with publisher, it fails. It says the QVW might need a user name and password and can't open it.

How do I give publisher rights to the file in my section access?

I tried putting in a "SERIAL" column in my section access and inserting the servers license number but that did not work.

13 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One difference is that when opening from the server, everyone's access level is USER. There is no ADMIN level.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

So if I choose "Initial selection based on section access" instead of "initial data reduction based on section access" and "Strict exclusion" it allows me and my users to open it via the access point.

But then it gives you the current selection of your NTNAME. If you clear it, you cant get it back and all the tabs you're supposed to see disappear. Then you get sent to the first tab, regardless of whether you have access to it or not.

This whole thing is odd.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ethan,

Can you please let me know how to restrict Tab access using section access? Thanks a lot!

Mayank

sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Friends,

From above block Ethan can reload the QVW through publisher after providing Publisher USERID and PASSWORD.

Can anyone anw. me what actually PUBLISHER'S USERID AND PASSWORD ?? Please tell me the example if have.

Sanket.