Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to have different sets of data in one book?

Ok

I'm new to QlikView so this question may seem a little stupid but is it possible to load numerous sets of data into one book, but then have the data respresented individually on separate sheets that are linked to one another (operate independently)?

I may not have explained that correctly so I will use an example. I have sets of data which are the same and are split by product. I want to represent each product on a separate sheet within the same workbook but I don't want a selection in one sheet to affect the data in another sheet so if a person is performing an analysis on one sheet the selections they make will not affect the other sheets.

I know I can have all the data in one sheet with product in a multi box so that it can be selected but I may want to do different analysis on each product and keep that analysis for each product.

Thanks

Lindsay

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

i think this possibe.

can u post your sample data and required out put tamplate?

thanks

zaman

Not applicable
Author

I've got a similar question.

I have a QlikView doc set up to read this months project status and financial info and display various charts about the data. Could I read in last months status and financial info as well, and then have a page comparing current month to prior month?

When I tried to just duplicate the load statement and change the filename to last month, QlikView hung up.

i.e., This month sales are in a file called "financial-Sept-30-2010.xls". Status is in a file called "status-Sept-30-2010.xls". Last month the files are called "financial-Aug-31-2010.xls" and "status-Aug-31-2010.xls".

Thanks in advance for any advice