Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Charts

All,

I am evaluating qlikview, by that I mean I have an evalaution license and I doing some analysis using it.

I developed an analysis containign multiple charts that for a given dimension (to use clikview terminology) provide distribution for other variables. For example say I am providing fseverl abar charts that each provides for each segment a second dimension.

For example, say there are 3 customer segments, one chat will show the percent of customers in each segment in each of say 5 regions (it would be 3 stracked bars on the same chart). Another example is a bar chart that shows by segment the average balance per product (checking, savings, etc.) so each segm,ent has say 10 or 12 bars. I attched some pdf of the screen so you can see,

What I want to do, is to somehow be able to change the dimension (segment in my example) for all charts automatically, in this case I am interested in one type of segmentation scheme today, but next time I may be interested in a different one (we have multiple) and the idea is to be able to do the same analysis quickly. (all the variables of interest are in the underlying data I imported)

Is this possible? If so how?

I would apprecieate a quick explanation of what needs to be done to do this.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I will answer my own question. Please add anything if there are other ways

according to a question I found "Use Variable as Dimension" which i cant seem to be able to add the link to, you can define a inoput box where you enter the variable name and then reference that. It can be somehow restricted to some values to ensure it always works. I tried it and it worked. Read the post as it discusses the syntax required to make it work [$(variable_name)]

Not applicable
Author

I will answer my own question. Please add anything if there are other ways

according to a question I found "Use Variable as Dimension" which i cant seem to be able to add the link to, you can define a inoput box where you enter the variable name and then reference that. It can be somehow restricted to some values to ensure it always works. I tried it and it worked. Read the post as it discusses the syntax required to make it work [$(variable_name)]