Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum data while ignoring current selections.

I am currently busy building a pivot table, with years, months and customers.

Over the years customers have bought stuff.

Now what I want to see is the total amount the customer bought from his beginDate to a selected month in a selected year.

So for example: customer1: beginDate: 2007-01-01 bought over the years four things of

$1 in 2007-02-01

$2 in 2007-07-01

$3 in 2008-01-01

$4 in 2009-01-01

Now I select the year 2008 and I want to see what he has bought in January (so 2008-01-01) so far.

And what I want to see is:

Year: Month:          Amount:

2008: 2008-01-01: $6

But when I execute the process I get only to see :

Year: Month:          Amount:

2008: 2008-01-01: $3

Because in current  selections 2008 is selected I get only from this year and month the data, while I want everyting that is smaller than this date (without is having selected). Is there something to ignore in this case the current selection.

I tried already something like this:

sum({$<date = {"<=$(<=max(date))"}>} Amount)  however it picks only over 2008 and not the years and months before.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Best regards

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,   Why don't you try slider objects, like it the file attached. This will allow the end user the flexibility to chose what they want to see.   Regards  Rahul

Not applicable
Author

That is indeed a possibility.

I was also wondering if a Macro can be used for this, using a for loop. However I am not sure how to acces the function in the pivot table, showing the result from the function in the pivot table, it somehow gives not the answer.

Even if I try in the function:

function total(a, b)

total = a + b

end function

and then calling the function 'total' in the expression.

Do you know why it does not return any result?