Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Modifying the colors of the data values displayed on the lines

Hi,

I have plotted a sparkline graph whose colors are imposed by QV. I want to change the colors of the data values displayed on the lines.

At present, out of 5 lines, 3 have the same color as one of the Y axes and 2 the same one as the other Y axis (double scale on the Y axes) according to the choices made in “Axes of the expression” and "left" or "right" in the "Position" ("Axes" tab). Of course, only 2 colors could be applied to the Y axes out of 5 selections corresponding to the 5 expressions.

In spite of multiple attempts, in particular through the options of the “Expressions” (“Text color” - > “Definition” - > “Edit expression” - > “Paste” - > “Parameters” - > “Font”…), and after reading many messages on the forum which seem to apply to other cases, I can't modify the colors of of the data values on the lines. It even happens that after such selections, the line disappears from the graph.

How can I modify the colors of the data values displayed on the lines ?

Regards.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again. However I only have the "personal edition", so I can't open the attached file. Isn't it possible to convert it into another format ?

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Like this, you want to display ? If so, Expression, -> '+' sign->Text color->

=if(Domain1= 'abc',Green(), if(Domain1 = 'ghj', red(), if(Domain1 = 'jkl', LightMagenta(),Blue()))), in this domain1 is dimension..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

It's very close to that, except I have 5 lines instead of one.

More over the colours of the figures/data values should not vary according to the points of the X axis (abc, ghi...) but according to each line corresponding to one expression.

Actually, I see it's also tricky to change the colour of those lines and then, from the parameter setting, if you create another document (I did not want to rename all my fields), you will automatically get a line corresponding to the same indicator with a different colour from the former document.

But the first point is the colour of the data values. Now the colours should vary only according to the expressions, not the axes. Indeed, as I wrote in the 1rst message, I can have the 2 colours of the axes for the data values inside the graph, but not 5.

MayilVahanan

HI,

Can you post a sample file. Its helps to find the solution? Is it possible?

Can you load like this, in reload , set limit for 10 or 50, and upload it..Because, of that oly, we can able to find the solution exactly.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

In fact, the data are a bit sensitive but it's exactly the same kind of graph you drew but with 5 lines instead of 1.