Contributor

Change the log path?

Hello,

I would like to change the path of Distribution Logfiles:

from

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

to (anothe partition)

D:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

I've tried to change Configuration.xml in  C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService and restart the qv distribution service - but it does't work...?

In the management console I also didn't find the relevant settings?

Can somebody help me?

Thx.

13 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There is a much simpler way to do this.

Please take a look at this great post by Stephen Redmond in his blog.

http://qliktips.blogspot.com.ar/2012/02/move-your-qliktech-programdata-folder.html

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Thanks Daniel for sharing, good advice indeed!

Anyway, I don't know if that's the expected behavior, but it doesn't make much sense to me that if you have Publisher you can move its folder but if you don't you cannot move the same folder or that the configuration in the config.xml file is not working. That's why I'd log a case in Support anyway.

Regards.

Miguel

waldemar_doling
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Daniel,

it was a helpful Link...

I could realise it with such link, thx.

Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your instructions, I have succesfully followed them to get rid of the following error:

Error: File name: 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\0dedba98-5153-4729-8dbd-d64b96a5e346\document.qvw'
Error:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
(...)
Error: Failed to generate QVW File package..
(...)
(The core reason was that my c: drive was full thanks to pagefile.sys getting too large...)

But after doing the change in QMC, I also had to perform the following tasks in order to get the Distribution service to work fine:
. Stop the QDS service
. On the new location of the DistributionService folder, update the files configuration.xml and configuration_XXXXXXX.xml (where XXXXXXX is the name of my QDS server) to reflect the new location of the DistributionService folder
. Start the QDS service and check it was working fine by refreshing/distributing a small document
. Edit all the files in the DistributionService\TaskLogIndex folder to relect the new location [in order to be able to access the older log files thru QMC]

Hope this memo can help someone facing the same issue.

Thierry