cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart showing supervisor turnover rate

Hi All -

Thanks in advance!

I am calculating turnover rates for each supervisor and then showing the 'top 10' managers with the highest turnover rate in a bar chart.

How do i limit the numerator and denominator in the expression to count terms and headcount just for that supvid?

Dimension = supvid

Expression =

Count ({$<  STATUS = {"Terminated"}  >} DISTINCT EEID)

/

AVG( aggrCount ({$< STATUS = {"Active","LOA"},  TERM_TYPE = ,  TERM_REASON =  >} DISTINCT EEID ) , CYCM) )

Thanks!

Pat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was using CYCM for the monthly trend view (which aggregates headcount of the period and averages it).  CYCM = 7/1/12, 8/1/12 etc.

So, i removed that from this view and it works, thanks.

=      Count ({$<  EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Terminated"}  >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)

/

Count ({$< EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Active","LOA"}, TERM_TYPE = , TERM_REASON = >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)          

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think your numerator should only count terminations for that supvid.

I am not sure with your denominator, since you are using an advanced aggregation. What is field CYCM and how is it related to your supervisors?

I assume your denominator returns the total headcount (?), disregarding the dimension value.

To debug, it would probably be better to create an expression per numerator / denominator, so you can actually see the numbers and locate the cause of your issue.

It might also be helpful if you can post a small sample app demonstrating your issue (upload is available in advanced editor).

Not applicable
Author

The numerator is working properly - total terms for the dimension (supervisor).

The denominator should be total headcount for the dimension (supervisor), but it is returning total headcount for all supervisors.

Not applicable
Author

I was using CYCM for the monthly trend view (which aggregates headcount of the period and averages it).  CYCM = 7/1/12, 8/1/12 etc.

So, i removed that from this view and it works, thanks.

=      Count ({$<  EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Terminated"}  >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)

/

Count ({$< EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Active","LOA"}, TERM_TYPE = , TERM_REASON = >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)