Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tables (excel and SQL)

I have two tables, one if pulled in from an excel spreadsheet, and the other is pulled in from sql server, both have keys: Financial_Year and Financial_Month that looks like: 1 - July, 2 - Aug (etc... for Financial_Month) and 2011, 2012, 2013 for Financial_Year

I have a model that reports on the SQL Server-based table (selections you do affects the excel spreadsheet source as well of course, because of the "links" in their keys)

What I found now is that the new financial year (ours starts 2013/July) doesn't show any calculated values from the SQL Server-based table.

I'm new to qlikview and this model (I took over from someone) and I was wondering:

If the excel spreadsheet doesn't contain the financial year/month I want to look at (aka, no 2013 or July 2013 has been captured in the excel spreadsheet), does that mean the data from the sql server-based table won't display either, as if it's an inner join on the data being done when the two keys line up/match and automatically creates a relationship between the tables?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

QlikView associates fields, does not inner join them. So, even if the excel does not contain 2013 data, QlikView will display the data from SQL, and null values for the associated fields.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

QlikView associates fields, does not inner join them. So, even if the excel does not contain 2013 data, QlikView will display the data from SQL, and null values for the associated fields.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I was hoping it inner joined so at least I have an explanation as to WHY the data doesn't display then. Back to delving through the guts of this model