Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Boxes - different behaviour

I have a list box which I display in 2 different sheets - and although the list box objects have different ID's LB01 and LB02

when I change behaviour of the list box in one sheet it automatically changes in the other

what I want is the list boxes to behave independently of each other

On one sheet I want the List box to only allow one selection to be picked at any time -

and on the other sheet I want to be able to pick 2 or 3 selections

anyone run into this before??

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

When you say "always one selected value" you're setting that behavior for the entire document, not just for one list box. That's intended. You aren't supposed to be able to sneak around the restriction by just creating another list box, particularly since even users can create list boxes.

I'm not sure exactly how I'd handle it, but I'm thinking I'd execute a macro when the field was selected. The macro would check which sheet you were on, and if you were on the sheet where you wanted to force always one selected value, it would handle it in some way, such as only taking the first selected value if more than one was selected, and selecting the first value on the list if nothing is selected. Something along those lines. The details are a little sketchy in my mind.