Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to set document meta data

Hi,

We have upgraded our QV server from version 10 to 11, and we have made a copy of our documents (.QVW, .meta, .shared, .pgo) on this new server (directly from the old one).

But when we use the QMC in order to change some document informations, we always get the same error message : "failed to set document meta data".

Could somebody helps us?

regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We have found the solution, it is necessary to delete all .pgo and .meta files from the server (in every directories).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Did you try opening the QVW files with QlikView Desktop 11 and reloading and saving them? In case this does not work, backup the QlikView documents file and remove in the Server's folder the .PGO, .Shared and .Meta files. You may lose some information, but you always be able to go back restoring the old folder.

Is that happening in the latest release of QlikView 11 SR1 (11282) ?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I try to remove all pgo, shared and meta files from server and to reload and backup one of our QVW, but the error is still the same: failed to set document meta data...

We have le latest release of QV desktop and server.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then let's see if there is someone that has had a similar environment to yours and the same issue and has been able to fix it. I'd anyway suggest you to contact support@qlik.com just in case.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

We have found the solution, it is necessary to delete all .pgo and .meta files from the server (in every directories).

Not applicable
Author

I had the same issue.  Support was able to help, sorta - he found that we could save metadata in another folder on another drive, and then copy the resulting .meta file back to where it belongs.  He was not able to offer any ideas as to why this started happening (after upgrading from 10 to 11), why it affected only some files, or why it could save meta in one folder but not another (in both folders, the QlikView service has full privs).

If QlikView used an open format such as XML, rather than this proprietary binary format, we could work around bugs like this by hand-editing the files.  We could also write our own batch editors.  Imagine being able to adjust the settings for all 75 files at once instead of tediously click-click-click-clicking through the QMS!  I would weep for joy.