Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV11 and section Access

So I have upgraded our test environment to 11 and rebuilt our QV10 application in a fresh QV11 .qvw.  Loaded up on the server and ran our reload.  Section Access seems to not be working now.  Authentication is happening for the user but data reduction based on section access is not.  The same app on our 10 prod server is running just fine.  I am loading the users in via a qvd and we use SSO and Ticketing for authentication which is working.   We reduce the data based on the users site.  Ive got a ticket in with support but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing problems with Section Access in 11. 

User_Access_tmp:

Concatenate LOAD

'USER' as ACCESS,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_ID) as NTNAME,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_ID) as EmployeeLogIn_EMPLOYEE_ID,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME) as TASK_SITE,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME) as SHOP_SITE_NAME,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME) as LABOR_REPORT_FACT_SITE,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME) as EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME) as EmployeeLogIn_SITE_NAME,

Upper(EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME) as Employee_EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME

FROM

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

There was a known issue in previous releases, but it got fixed on QlikView 11 SR1 Update 11282. Are you running this latest version? Did you try hardcoding two or three values instead?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Yes we are running the latest version of Server.  I am trying to the hard code approach now to see what it will do.  Do you know what the exact bug issue was with the first version of 11? 

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The issue was that QlikView didn't take into account section access at all, so access would eventually granted even if there was an strict exclusion, not following what the dialogs had checked or unchecked.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Wow ok,  Well so far I put an inline user account in and logged in as that user.  It is completely ignoring section access from what I can see.  OSUser shows up as the ID but no data reduction is being done at all.  This is on the server side.  I am now doing the same thing local in a copy of my document reloading via the client and put my local username in as a user inline with sites defined.  The app on my laptop takes about 35 minutes to load so we shall see here in a bit if it works even locally. 

Not applicable
Author

So I have done everything even in the client and data reduction is just not happening in QV11.   The security model appears to be working as I have given my account a password and it is prompting for the password and letting me in but it is not doing data reduction.  Just makes no sense.  I have tried strict and also just the regular data reduction feature on document open tab and nothing seems to work. 

SECTION Access;

User_Access_tmp:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, Password, EmployeeLogIn_EMPLOYEE_ID, EmployeeLogIn_SITE_NAME, Employee_EMPLOYEE_SITE_NAME

ADMIN, ADMIN, , , , , ,

USER, username, 250, 250, C, C

];

Section Application;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try this by removing '_'  symbol i.e rename those names and write the same code ..

Not applicable
Author

srik,

We were thinking alike.  It is an odd issue and possibly affects even 10 SR4.   It appears that long field names in Section Access while using a .qvd for the users is the possible issue.  Support is looking at a sample I sent them late this afternoon and I am making changes to my code which is extensive to see if this problem is resolved.  At first I thought is was the underscores but that seems to not be soo much of an issue as length.  Also if you are doing a inline section access with values then it seems to work.  It does not rear its ugly head until you bring a qvd into the mix to load users. 

acardella
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Miguel,

i have the same problem on Qlikview 11 SR1 update 11282.

This is my script to load users in section access, part inline and part from qvd (as in http://community.qlik.com/thread/54877)

Section Access;

star is *;

Accessi:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, BUKRS

ADMIN, APEX\qlikview,          *

ADMIN, APEX\DEV,          *

USER,  DOMAIN\USER, SP00

ADMIN, DOMAIN\admin, SP00

ADMIN, DOMAIN\admin, SP02

ADMIN, DOMAIN\admin, SP04

ADMIN, DOMAIN\admin, SP05

ADMIN, DOMAIN\admin, SP08

];

Concatenate

LOAD

UPPER(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

UPPER(FIELDREDUCTION) as BUKRS

FROM

CubiVendite_Accessi.qvd (qvd)

WHERE [DOCUMENTO] = 'Vendite' or [DOCUMENTO] = '*';

Section application;

I'm sure that concatenate with "Section Access" commented, all right users are loaded in "Accessi" table.

But if i use "Section Access", all users read from qvd have no access to qvw, but inline user yes.

So i try another script

Accessi:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, BUKRS

ADMIN, APEX\DEV, *

USER,  DOMAIN\USER, SP00

];

Concatenate

LOAD

UPPER(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

UPPER(FIELDREDUCTION) as BUKRS

FROM

CubiVendite_Accessi.qvd (qvd)

WHERE [DOCUMENTO] = 'Vendite' or [DOCUMENTO] = '*';

Section Access;

star is *;

LOAD *

Resident Accessi;

Section application;

But access require username ?!?!?

Section Access;

star is *;

LOAD

UPPER(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

BUKRS as BUKRS

FROM

CubiVendite_Accessi_test.qvd (qvd)

WHERE 1 = 1;

All users in qvd have access and data reduction is active.

So i don't understand what is the problem....

Is a release iusse?