Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding set analysis to count function

Hello, I have a functioning expression :- count(if(mid(Move_Out_Date,4,2)='08'and (mid(Move_Out_Date,7,4)='2011')and left(Post_Code,4)='SO15','Count'))

I am trying to add a bit of set analysis to this expression and its not liking it, here is what I am trying :-

count(if(mid(Move_Out_Date,4,2)='08'and (mid(Move_Out_Date,7,4)='2011')and left(Post_Code,4)='SO15' and Count({< Installation= {">1"} > } CA),'Count'))

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try like

count( {< Installation= {">1"} > }if(mid(Move_Out_Date,4,2)='08'and (mid(Move_Out_Date,7,4)='2011')and left(Post_Code,4)='SO15',CA))

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview didnt like that, error in expression :-

qverror.JPG

Not applicable
Author

spencer,

Two thing to note:

Count({< Installation= {">1"} > } CA) is not a condition. It would always return true.

Count({< Installation= {">1"} > } CA) is a group funtion (not a row level funtion) which is applied on what seems to be applied on a row operation. This doesnt make sense to QV.

If you are trying to validate this at for a dimension then try aggr() function for the new condition. Like

=Count(if(aggr(Count({< Installation= {">1"} > } CA), CA) > 1,

Count(if(mid(Move_Out_Date,4,2)='08'and (mid(Move_Out_Date,7,4)='2011')and left(Post_Code,4)='SO15',1)),0))

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

This is spitting out Null '-'

Not applicable
Author

Try: (i believe there is an extra ',' infront of if in you syntax)

count( {< Installation= {">1"} > }if(mid(Move_Out_Date,4,2)='08'and (mid(Move_Out_Date,7,4)='2011')and left(Post_Code,4)='SO15',CA))