Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Version Compatibility between Desktop and server app.

Dear all,

first of all, let me tell you that I'm not the server administrator. I'm running a qlickView version 10.00.9282.8 SR4 64-bit Edition (x64). I have acces to a server where I put some of my files I want to share.

The version of the server (I suspect that there is more than 1 aplication in the server, but have some dificulties to figure out) is 10.00.8811.6. (IT source)

One of my files is working great in my computer, but when I put it in the server, some details appear.

I would like to know what version of server aplication is needed to run with my version? Can a diferent version in the server impact in the way the file made the calculations?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should use the same version of the server (and plugin if applicable) as desktop to achieve consistent results.

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

that means that we must install 10.00.9282.8 SR4 in the server?

Where can I check that in the QV web?

Thanks a lot.

Patrick

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you should update the server. A newer release, QV10 SR5 build 9516 is now available. If you are upgrading, you should consider updating everything -- server and desktop -- to that version.

You can access the latest downloads at download.qlik.com. If your userid does not show all available downloads, your server administrator's should.

-Rob