Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

named user accessing another named user qvw file

If 2 person are named user of qlik how can they share a qvw file to their own desktop.  For example: User a creates a qvw file and wants to share so that user B can also work on that file to add some more charts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mayil is right. You need to "lease" a licence from the server by using the desktop to open a document from the server, as per the above instructions. Ensure you are on the network and logged into the same domain as the QlikView server. Enter the name of the QlikView server or the IP address, which your network admin should provide.

When you open Qlikview from the start menu, you should see the licence info in the Getting Started window displayed in the center of the application. If it says Personal Edition you have no licence. It should say something like "Using Leased Licence".

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

If both have qv license, if so , they can both use it.. Put it one folder, and share that folder.. So he can take and use it..

If both  want to work at same time means, after save the change , integrate both files, just copy and paste it..But, script change will be in one file. or inform about changes..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

I'm not getting it correct. 

This is the status.

We bought Small Business Edition with 5 User CAL  and 10 Named Document CAL and installed in a qlikserver as told by qlik installation guide/tech people.

I have downloaded the Person Edition on my desktop and another user had downloaded personal edition as well. We both are also got the named users licence when the qlik was installed in the server.

Now, the user B creates some charts and has it in the personal desktop. I need to access them. What are the steps.

Please explain.

MayilVahanan

HI

Can you able to access his system? Is he put in the shared folder?  Can you able to access the shared folder?

If both are in same company? run->i/p / shared folder -> open the qv file which was created by him.

And open it , just copy the objects and charts. Shift + tab->  start page appear in the qv. open your file too. And paste it whatever you want ..And align it properly..

Before that, check whether the objects n charts are able to move and copy from properties->layout-> Allow move and allow copy is in tick mark.

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Yes, We both are able to access the common directory which is in th qlik server.  But when I open a helpdesk_dashboard.qvw file placed by the other user, I get the message placed below here as an image.

qlik.png

MayilVahanan

Hi

You don't have license to open his file.Because you are using personal edition.. You can able to open other files for three times, after that you can't able to use it. Please ask your higher authority to install license in qv.

Its urgent, give ok and use.. but better ask license for qlikview..

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

I don't understand what you mean by I don't have licence. When the qlik was installed in the qlik server, We both were asked to login to the server with our standard network name so that we can grab 2 licence out of 5 we have bought. 

Then how do you say I don't have license? what is the step to add that server license to my personal licence?

MayilVahanan

Hi

Start page -> open in server -> give address some like this [qvp://qlikview10] or  qvp://10.134.30.236 

Not applicable
Author

This is what I get

qlik.png

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you please ask correct path from your colleagues or higher authority?