Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Print and send to excel in web view

We are using AJAX.  I have charts setup in regular mode to have the option of Print and Send to Excel enabled so that those icons appear in the caption.  However, when I switch to web view, I only get the Excel icon and not the print icon.  I noticed in document properties that there are setting for allow send to excel and allow print (when excel is disabled).  I have played around with these settings but I cannot get to a place in webview that will show both excel and print icons.

I also have a couple objects where I use the Copy to Clipboard setting in the caption.  Again when I turn on webview, this icon will not appear.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

I am not certain about Print, but I know that "Copy to Clipboard" cannot be used in AJAX.  This is true for any internet browser (it would be a security issue if a website could access your clipboard).  Because it can't be used, it just doesn't show up whe you turn on AJAX/webview.  I'm guessing the same thing might be happening with the Print icon, but I'm not positive about that...  (I think right clicking on an object will bring an option up for Print though.)

Not applicable
Author

The Copy to Clipboard option worked for us when using the IE plugin.  It sounds like this is not an option in AJAX.  Print does work in both IE plugin and AJAX but only if not enabled along with Excel.

Nicole-Smith

You are correct.  Copy to Clipboard will work when using the IE plugin, but it will never work with the AJAX.  The plugin installs the ability for QlikView to access your clipboard, but the AJAX uses regular internet security, which would never allow a website to access your clipboard or that would be a big security hole.