Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Counting records in load Script

Hello. I'm trying to count table records but don't know how to. I need to know how many records have a valid value (not null and not empty) in Field_1 from Table_1, and they match relation with Table_2, when Field_1 of Table_2 is also a valid value.

I need to know how many records match the relation between Table_1 and Table_2, when there are valid values in field Table_1_Field_1 and field Table_2_Field_1. I have tried with a join of the two tables so I can use the Count function, but memory in my computer is not enough and the application hangs. Anyone knows any other way?

Relation between tables comes from field Key_1 in both tables.

I appreciate any help,

Pablo Lerner

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Well, I appreciate all answers, but a join is not usefull for me since the application hangs due to not enough memory. I have decided to create a small datawarehouse in a RDBMS, do all data management and calculations there, and import data as is into Qlikview. That, I think, will be much easier for me.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this,

While joining the tables, use rowno() by this, you can able to see how many records in that table..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hope it helps!

tab1:

Load * from abc.csv;

Let a = NoOfRows('tab1');

Not applicable
Author

Mark it as answer if helped you...

Not applicable
Author

Well, I appreciate all answers, but a join is not usefull for me since the application hangs due to not enough memory. I have decided to create a small datawarehouse in a RDBMS, do all data management and calculations there, and import data as is into Qlikview. That, I think, will be much easier for me.