Did you mean: 
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error on using QvsTunnel IE Plug-in

Hello,

Here is my problem,

I have a Qlikview server 10 that works through IIS 7

The HTTP Tunnel works, I ran a test with "http://localhost/scripts/qvtunnel.dll?test and it's ok

So i blocked the port 4747 to validate the fact that the tunneling works,

I still have the error message

"Failed to reach server: IP-...........

Switching to HTTP runneling

Connected to server OK, security settings denies access"

The same issue happens whether using Plug-in IE or Qlikview Desktop

Thanks for your help,

D.Sadki

54 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

What is FQDN? I am not aware about it. I have attached the error which I am getting while accessing Qlikview app from IE plugin.

Not applicable

Hi Bill,

I have the same problem but only for one user (that I know of anyway). I have attached the error message he is getting while accessing from the accesspoint with IE Plugin.

We don't use IIS but the QV Webserver instead. He can run "telnet servername 4747" without problems so the port 4747 should be ok from client side.

We have tried to uninstall and install the plugin but with no success.In the meantime he has to use Ajax which works ok but with some design/layout issues.

(QVS 10.00.9282.0409.10, QV Plugin 10.00.9061.7)

Grateful for any help that could point me in the right direction.

best regards,

Johan

Not applicable

Hi,

I am also experiencing this error.

Would be nice if Qlikview could respond with a solution.

J

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also encountered this issue yesterday for just one user.

We have recently upgraded to Qlikview Server 11 from 10.

We are using IIS, not qlikview webserver.

I followed the steps to install the qvstunnel.dll on the server (windows 2008 R2) and ran the tunnel test and it worked fine.

However the user is still having the issue.

Not applicable

Is everyone experiencing the problem of intermittent dashboard launch using clustering ?

We have a cluster that experiences these symptoms but only it seems when clustered.

Remove a server from the cluster and all is fine.

Also, the cluster shared files resided on a DFS share. We have moved them to a standard UNC share and have had no re-occurrance yet. I am continuing testing this theory

v10 SR4

Not applicable

No clustering here.

Not using IIS.

Using QV WebServer.

v11.0.11154.0

Not applicable

Anyone from Qlikview fancy addressing this issue??

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If someone will email me a screen shot without everything cleared out I might be able to explain to you what is happening. Also, need to know if you are using IIS or QVWS.  The error more than likely has to do with the linkmachine name not be a FQDN.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

I am using IIS and in my case even the link machine name is also same as server name.

Under General tab of Qv Server

URL: qvp://servername/

Link Machine Name: servername

Please have a look of attached error message.

Thanks,

Kumar

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Notice you have qvp://server name, but you are trying to get to online.test.com.

online.test.com should be in the linkmachine name

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.