Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart not incorporating Negative numbers

I have a line chart and I used Field1-Field2 to report the position of the line. Field 1 and 2 are both currency types. Sometimes they will yield a negative number, other times a positive so the line must fluctuate along the x axis accordingly. for some reason, which is driving me CRAZY, negative numbers are being interpeted as positive numbers unless I click on te listbox value for the field, then it displays its negative position. I have no ideo why this isnt working. I cant attach a qvw file but im taking screenshots of everything ive done so far, make you can figure it out

Really need some help with it.The first pic shows a section where the field should be negative but it coming up a completely weird positive number.

***another weird thing, when I make a list box with Sum(field1-field2), it gives a list of currency numbers but the negative currency number are engulfed in perenthesis, not preceded by a negative sign which is expected. I have no idea whats going on. (the field names might not make sense because i renamed  them weirdly. but its supposed to be that, po-listnum

Would really appreciate it

Thanks

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 8.08.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 8.05.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-08-02 at 8.07.25 AM.png

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

can you post a small sample file