Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Schedule Script to Load Current FACT - but Keep Previous DIMS?

Hiya Guys,

I have 5 Dimension tables, and 1 Fact table.

The Dimension tables will change very rarely - and I would like to automatically update my Fact table very regulary.

If I load all the tables once, and then in subsequent loads only generate a new Fact .qvd and import - QV removes the previous Dimension tables created... is there any way around this? (so I am only loading the current Fact data and keeping the old Dimensions?).

Also, I would like to schedule the Fact load... maybe once a minute?! - very small dataset... does anyone have a best-practice way of setting-up a Schedule for such a high-frequency update? - Windows Task Scheduler/QEMC/other?... load time of the Fact table is litterally only a couple of seconds - but I don't want to grind the Server to a hault!

Any information/suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Steve.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at "Partial Reload" in the Ref guide and Help.

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at "Partial Reload" in the Ref guide and Help.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

Easy when you know what you're looking for!  🙂

I don't suppose you have any experience/ideas with regards to the best way to achieve my scheduling requirements?

Cheers,

Steve.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've never tried to schedule every minute on QEMC, but I would give it a go if your reload takes less than a minute.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

I'll give it a go and post back my findings!  🙂

Incidentally, is there any advantages/disadvantages to using QEMC over a .bat file under Windows Task Scheduler?... I don't understand why the two different methods exist...

I really appreciate your time and help.

Cheers,

Steve.