Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create temporary table after selection

Hello,

when I clik on a button, I'd like to create a temporary table in the database of my Qlikview document . I don't know how to do that and I don't find documentation on this subject. VB script ?

To make it clear,I'd like the user do his selection (counrty, product...etc)

then he click on a button

and with his selection we create a new table in the database. This table can't be create before the selection is done.

I don't know if this kind of program are possible in Qlikview !

Thank you

3 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

QlikView is designed for Read-Only purposes. Although, we have two options

1. Edit Script > Settings > Check open databases in read & write mode

2. VB Script

we can use VB Script within QlikView API model. You can write VB Script(Macro) and call it on On-Click action. QlikView provides in-built triggers and you can use these triggers to call the Macro code. I'm attaching the API reference documentation for your understanding.

I wanted to understand why do you want to give the power to users to create a new table on button click? I'm assuming that you understand the implication of this request...this will be very DANGEROUS where users end up creating 100's of table (If not crashing the DB) and there is potential risk on the data integrity or your DBA might not appreciate this approach.

If you really wanted to write to a table then I'd recommend you to store the data in the flat file/CSV format and run the batch process without giving direct access to the users. This way you don't have to provide "Write Permissions" to every user, rather you have one login which does the job.

I hope it makes sense!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer,

I try to be more precise!

Today I have this result

exemple.jpg

What I want, it's to "concatenate" these three tables in one. The link is the year/quarter dimension.

The expression are not based on the same selection. The user make selection on 20 dimensions

First Table : SUM(PDTTOT) to calculate this expression the user click on a button which make the link between 5 dimensions

Second table : SUM( {$<DTFB= >} NART) 19 dimensions (except DTFB)

Third table : Cumulative SUM (depends dimension age(0 to 10))

What I wanted to do it's to create a table like that :

PER      AGE     VALUE

2002/1   0              0

2002/1   1              1

2002/1   -1             68

2002/1   -2           409592

I've no idea on how to do that and if it is possible.

I hope I'm more clear on my demand

Not applicable
Author

I take the solution to export an excel file in C:/temp and to do a reload