Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I plot test data for a single or more tests done multiple times?

Hi,

If some can help me it will be great....Thanks...

I am trying to plot a very simple set of test data for a given manufacturing order. The tests are for pressure, temperature and other parameters that are done many times - over during the order is manufactured. Data looks like this

MOrder Number Presure Temp

1234 35 180

1234 35 181

1234 36 180

.... etc....

the x-axis, I would like it to be a sequential number 1,2,3 the number of tests performed and the y-axis the values of temp and pressure with the temp label on one side (say left) and the temp on the other side (right side).

A single and only one MOrder Number will be always required to be selected to show the ploting of the data.

Thanks,

Miguel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Your example associates every test number for the order with every test for the order. There might be a better solution, but we can just load every field from the raw data, then drop the original table. I added an MOrder list box, moved Pressure to the right hand axis, and made a calculation condition requiring a single MOrder to be selected to display the chart. See attached.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Miguel,

Do you have a column for "Order Test Number"? If not, in the load script you could sort the order table by MOrder Number and then use previous() to evaluate previous rows and create the sequential number starting with 1 for every different MOrder Number.

You would then make whatever graph you like with the Order Test Number as a dimension and all the other columns( Pressure, Temp, etc) as expressions using a only() function.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

I did that meanwhile, but I had some difficulties in finding the correct (only-) expressions in the chart. Would you take a look at my app and finish it?

Thanks, Roland

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Your example associates every test number for the order with every test for the order. There might be a better solution, but we can just load every field from the raw data, then drop the original table. I added an MOrder list box, moved Pressure to the right hand axis, and made a calculation condition requiring a single MOrder to be selected to display the chart. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

thanks for your answer.

You are right, my data (modell) didn't reflect the logical primary key (TestNo and MOrder) for one checkpoint correctly. It seems likely to put all filelds together into one table. The rest is daily work. Which is doubtless easier if you have a functional correct database structure. Even if it consists of only one table.

RR

Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

Thanks for the help.

This does what I was looking for and works perfectly. One thing to keep in mind, data need to be sorted during the first load by MO order Numbers; if they are not then we do not get the expected results on the Test Nos.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

John,

Thanks. I got it to work just fine.

Miguel Mena