Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cscherer
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with an ABC-analysis

Hello,

I hope you can help me out. Sorry, if I´m in the wrong area, but it`s my first posting.

I´m trying to make an ABC-analysis. For that I accumulate the amount of articles in column 5. In the next step I want to say with an  if-formula, if this article is an A-, B- or C-Article. If the amount is less than 80% it is an A-article, between 80 and 95% it is an B-article and over 95% it is an C-article.

With this formula it doesn`t work...

if( Column(5)  < 0.80 , 'A', if( Column(5) > 0.95 , 'C', 'B'))

Have you got an idea

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Clemens

6 Replies
Not applicable

IMO better way will be :

- paste $(Anteil kum.)= rangesum(above(Count(PACKMENGE) / count(TOTAL(PACKMENGE)),0,rowno())) as amount  cum. and make no acumulation

- paste =if( Column(4)  < 0.80 , 'A', if( Column(4) > 0.95 , 'C', 'B'))

cscherer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

thanks for answer, it works.

But now there is a new problem: I sorted the table descending by 'positions'. Now the sorting doesn`t work any more. Any idea?

Thanks!

Not applicable

because you still have accumulation in amount  cum. right?

select No Accumulation

BTW - if you use rangesum(above(..... you can only sort dimension (interactive sort does not work)

which is strange:/

anybody knows why?

cscherer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

no, I did as you said and selected 'No Accumulation'.

I do also wonder why the sort does work with dimension but not with the formula...

Not applicable

Hi Clemens,

Probably this blog about abc analysis I wrote some time ago is interesting for you: http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=1086

Regards William

cscherer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi William,

this is nice, thank you very much!

Regards,

Clemens