Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distributed document does not inherit securit of parent folder

Folks:

When a "template" document is run via Publisher and Distributed the final document does not seem to inherit the security settings of the parent folder so much so that the document is unable to be opened in QlikView desktop.  The source document is able to open fine and does inherit all the security settings.

Any clues on where I can go to configure the security or what I should do would be really helpful.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is one of the problems that is hard for IT to understand. When you do a distribution using QlikView it only sets up the users you pick in the task to have rights to the document. So if you start removing rights at the folder level this is where the problem starts. I would recommend you create a group of all the Qlikview users and set that group to have rights at the folder level or best yet leave the folder security alone.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill:

Thanks for your response.

To clarify, we have not made any changes to the folder permissions.  All we did was upgrade from 9SR7 to 11SR1 and we started having this problem.

The interesting thing here is that even the users listed for the task do not show up in the Security for that document.  The only user that shows up is Qlikview Publisher.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is your server setup in DMS mode? If so that is correct security setting. The user information is stored in the .meta files

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

No, I am using NTFS.  According to the help that is what was suggested.  Should I change this to DMS?