Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox <= expression

Hello,

I think this scenario should be simple - i just can't figure it out...

I have a data set with (amongst other columns), a financial Year (1999 - 2012) and a financial period (1 - 11).

Dropping a tablebox on the sheet gives me all the data. Adding a financial year multibox filters for the selected year.

What I want now is another multibox for financial period but not where the data reflects that one selected period. When selecting a period I want records for every value of period upto and including the selected item. So selecting financial period 9 for example gives records for periods 1 to 9.

Any help gratefully received.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Could you please attach the sample application to help you out...

Not applicable
Author

I'm using QVPE. Am i right in thinking I can't share this report? I've attached a screen shot if thats any help...

QVPE.JPG

Looking at the image, if I select a value of say 9 from financial period then the records in the table reflect that. What I want when i select 9 is all records where financial period is less than 10.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

What I want when i select 9 is all records where financial period is less than 10.

It's quite simple.

Just add another table to your data model with two fields: financialPeriod and finansialPeriodAndPrev.

The field finansialPeriodAndPrev should be used instead of financialPeriod for selections.

The table should connect finansialPeriodAndPrev (selection periods) with corresponding financialPeriod-s.

For examlpe:

financialPeriod     finansialPeriodAndPrev

1                        1

1                        2

2                        2

1                        3

2                        3

3                        3

So, selection "3" from finansialPeriodAndPrev associated with financialPeriod-s "1","2","3".