Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum on a field containing ONLY? 2x ONLY?

Hi,

I need to use SUM DISTINCT on a field which is an ONLY expression. Whatever I try doesn't seem to work. Anyone ideas?

And then I also need to wrap another ONLY around that field that alreay contains ONLY. Sot 2 separate questions.

I just can't get it right - no errors but it doesn't work either and I've been trying a lot.

Thanks for tips!

Rgds

Dagmara

4 Replies
manisha_uit
Creator
Creator

Please post sample

Thanks

Manisha

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The middle section (bold) is the SUM on Only Expression (Field) that is not working.

=(SUM (Distinct([Geld infra.GEMAAKTEKOSTEN EX TOTAAL])))- (SUM (Distinct ONLY( {<[Thermometer attribuut infra.SOORT] = {'Eindprognose'}>}[Thermometer attribuut infra.VOORJAAREEN]))) + (SUM(Distinct([Geld infra.OPENSTVERPL EX TOTAAL])))

And the problem with the extra condition on top of the field containing ONLY expression.

=IF([Cyclusinfra.LABEL] = '2012 Q1',SUM(ONLY({<[Thermometer attribuut infra.SOORT] =
{'Eindprognose'}>}[Thermometer attribuut infra.JAAREEN])))

Data set is confidential and connected to many other incompany sources so I'm unfortunately unable to post the file.

manisha_uit
Creator
Creator

Hi Dagmara,

'Only' function will return only one numeric value.

Try without using Sum(Distinct)

Thanks

Manisha

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks. I'll try it. I'm only a bit concerned whether it will give me the right results as I need the sum of all the fields, not the value of one of the fields, but I might be wrong.

Thanks!

Rgds

Dagmara