Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection in bar/stacked chart question

Is it possible to set the 'primary' selection on a stacked bar chart when selection is made by selecting an area on the chart?

I have a stacked bar with a count expression, then two dimensions Date and Organisation.

So, along the bottom of the chart is the date, then the bar is stacked by Organisation.

What I want to do, is select an Organisation area in the chart and show all data for that organisation across dates (i.e., turn it into a single bar chart). 

The default behaviour is to filter on the primary dimension which is Date. I don't want to have to select an organisation in the legend; that isn't intuitive for the user. 3 clicks sort of works, but it becomes messy and unintuitive, so I want to do it in one click only.

thanks!

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you can do selection from legend

select.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I understand that the legend can be used - but this is difficult when there are over more than a few items to deal with (e.g., I have a stacked bar with over 25 organisation items as above); sometimes you can't see all these on the legend.

Is this just not possible?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I understand that the legend can be used - but this is difficult when there are over more than a few items to deal with (e.g., I have a stacked bar with over 25 organisation items as above); sometimes you can't see all these on the legend.

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

All I can suggest is that you a list box next to the chart for the organisation selection.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein