Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection based on values entered in Input Box

Hello All,

I have a requiremnet where i have to search/ filter the values based on data entered in input box. Basically there will be 2 input boxes one with min value and one with max values. Both objects will be based on the same field "Revenue".

can someone help me out ion resolving this issue.

Thanks

Pranav

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

many ways

you need to be more specific (which object, how many expression.... )

check att qvw file

a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

If you're planning on displayng data where Revenue is between the min and max values, then you should consider using a slider object on the field Revenue. It provides a simpler solution to selecting ranges of data than input boxes.

Hope that helps,

Azam

Not applicable
Author

Hello Azan,

i have a slider, but somehow i'm not able to set the min and max values.

Thanks

Pranav

Slider1.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Pari Pari,

I tried your solution based , but whn no min and max values are sellected no data is showing up.

Thanks

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

check this

a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Pranav,

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised that this option is not available (you can set min and max with variables, but not with fields)...but QV will automatically determine the min and max values available for your chosen field based on what is in the data, which I think is ok. So if the data ranges from 12000 to 35000, then these will be the min and max values. They will be dynamic too, so if the data changes they will change with it.

BTW you should set Mode to Multi Value to allow the user to select a range.

Regards,

Azam