Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to keep pivot table format upon selection?

Hi,

I have the following challenge:

I created a pivot table of which the dimensions are based on a "data island". In other words: Probability and Impact are based on a stand-alone table "RiskMatrix".  The data comes from a risk log, including a field "Class". This Class matches with the field "ClassIsland" from the data island table.

Probability x ImpactCatastrophicalCriticalMarginalNegligable
Almost Certain0512
Very Likely0221
Probable1230
Improbable1526

What I try to achieve is that when you click on e.g. the number 5 (Critical & Almost Certain) that a table with details is filtered with the "Class" field. On the other hand, the whole pivot table should NOT change...

I tried to use set analysis but I could not figure out how this should work because you want to use the pivot as a date island for the dimensions but you also want the pivot to be associative for other tables...

Who can help me with this challenge??

Best regards,
Marcel Artz

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Set analysis shoud work.

try {1} in your expression, however this will mean non of your selection would work on the table.

See file attached for example.

Regards

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul,

I understand now that what I want is in conflict with QlikView. I spoke with a QV consultant and he advised to accept the fact that you cannot achieve this in QlikView. Or you have to build a text box with a value for every field in the pivot. Not a really nice solution...

We have to accept that the pivot will filter as well...

Thank you for your helpful answer.

Marcel