Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two input parameter To Date and From Date

Hi,

To filter the data between these two parameter like input criterea or can say two date selection period, in QlikView need help with a basic example.

Requirement: From Date : DD/MMM/YYYY

: To Date     : DD/MMM/YYYY

Then the data should be within those period.

Best Regards,

Shubham

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

see file attached.

Regards

Rahul

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rahul,

I need one more help. I have too many fields in my database related to dates, and all are required for some particular calculation. Please tell me how to make link between those date fields to the master table.

best regards,

Skumar

Not applicable
Author

I have linked the master table and the inline table. Hope it helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think you have copied the same qvw and there is no change. Please let me know if you have done any changes, and one more thing I want to link more than one date fields in the master calender.

Thanks,

Skumar

Not applicable
Author

I have refreshed the qvw and sent back. Thought it was connected before.

Rename the other fields as 'Date' which will help you to connect to the master calendar.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried but it's not working...it doesn't change while changing the two date parameter created with the help of above example.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In each of the table create an additional date field and in the example i posted change the varMinDate and varMaxDate variables to following:

LET varMinDate = Num(rangemin(Peek('DateName1', 0,'TableName1'), Peek('DateName2', 0,'TabbleName2'), Peek('DateName3', 0,'TableName3')));

LET varMaxDate = Num(rangemax(Peek('DateName1', -1,'TableName1'), Peek('DateName2', -1,'TabbleName2'),Peek('DateName3', -1,'TableName3')));

Where DateNameX and TableNameX have to be replaced with field names from your data model.

By doing the above two steps you will:

1. Have a key field date, which you can use on the front end as a selection and would work with all your table

2. By mantaining the original date field you can use those indipendently as you use now

3. By changing the Max and Min variable you wil be able to auto genrate dates between the dates that exist in your table

Hope this help.

Regards

Rahul

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. The date name and table name which you are referring should be original name as coming from database or what we have renamed in our qlikview script. and once that done do I need to use varMaxDate & varMinDate as from and to date calender object?

Need advise, since it's not changing as intended.

Best Regards,

Skumar

Not applicable
Author

Hope it helps!