"DIMENSION10_",

"DIMENSION3_",

"DIMENSION4_",

ITEMID,

ITEMNAME

Resident ReItem;

DROP table ReItem;

Store Item into '\\domainsvr\Baze\Item.qvd';

This is my script and it should give me the searched Data.

My Problem(i just checked on this one):

I have 2 "similar" ITEMID numbers: 416 8 and 041 68 but after i run this script it only shows me 041 68(as ItemID) but 2 different ITEMNAME!! It should be 2 ItemIDs and 2 ItemaNames,,,

Does anybody has an idea why the scrpit merges these two text numbers? Or how i could fix this issue?I dont see why...

Thank you for your help and i hope for some...

Greetings,

Kristian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So the Podloska-Din..... and the VIJAK-PANHD should be separated (one belongs to the 04168 and the other to the 4168, right??)

In your load script, I don't see you use the text() function...

Additionally, I think you shouln't use resident load in this case...

So what if you change your loadscript to the script below (replace it after the odbc connect)

Item:
LOAD
"DIMENSION10_",
"DIMENSION3_",
"DIMENSION4_",
text(ITEMID),//to get the text representation instead of the numeric representation
    ITEMNAME;
SQL SELECT "DIMENSION10_",
"DIMENSION3_",
"DIMENSION4_",
ITEMID,
ITEMNAME
FROM dbo.INVENTTABLE;

I think your problem is that FIRST you load things in SQL (where the conversion to numeric is done already...) and THEN you do a resident load...

I think it is solved when you just load it (without resident) and load it as text instead of numeric

Let me know if it helped.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure if I get your problem correctly, but I think that your problem is that qlikview evaluates your itemID as a number, and ommits the 0 therefore.

Does the attached file help you?

I loaded ItemID using the text() function, so the 041 and the 41 ItemID's are loaded "as is"

Roberto

Not applicable
Author

unfortunatelly it does not fix the issue. It seems that no matter what i write in the script, the output is always "false" with the merged item IDs...When i look into the table on the server, the input is wright... somewhere in the transfer server-->QV the ITEMIDs are merged...

Not applicable
Author

Attached now my sample, how it looks like.

Somehow he dont "get" the ITEMIDs properly but merges them. 416 8 is an Item that is beeing merged into 041 68...

Anyone? Some more ideas? I am desperate...

Not applicable
Author

So the Podloska-Din..... and the VIJAK-PANHD should be separated (one belongs to the 04168 and the other to the 4168, right??)

In your load script, I don't see you use the text() function...

Additionally, I think you shouln't use resident load in this case...

So what if you change your loadscript to the script below (replace it after the odbc connect)

Item:
LOAD
"DIMENSION10_",
"DIMENSION3_",
"DIMENSION4_",
text(ITEMID),//to get the text representation instead of the numeric representation
    ITEMNAME;
SQL SELECT "DIMENSION10_",
"DIMENSION3_",
"DIMENSION4_",
ITEMID,
ITEMNAME
FROM dbo.INVENTTABLE;

I think your problem is that FIRST you load things in SQL (where the conversion to numeric is done already...) and THEN you do a resident load...

I think it is solved when you just load it (without resident) and load it as text instead of numeric

Let me know if it helped.

Not applicable
Author

Not much to say but... i love you

Thank you very much! This was my mistake...

Not applicable
Author

Hehe You're welcome.

Happy Qlikviewing!