Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet Level security

Hello

can anyone please send me the sample application on how to implement Sheet level security.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you want section access or show/hide?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

section access  ...its really urgent

Not applicable
Author

You can thank me for asking him to make that video.

I ended up figuring out the exact same way before he made the video. Its a very effective and efficient way of using section access with show/hide conditions.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Make sure that you go into sheet properties for each sheet and disable the feature that lets your users view the "sheet properties". Otherwise, a user can go in and delete your conditional statement.

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys that link is really good but how to handle when the user are in big numbers ..... ???

Is there any other solution may be by maintaining some excel sheet.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately when you have a ton of users you still have to code them in by hand. but this can be done in an excel sheet. Basically the same as the script but in excel form.

Heres an example.

In this example I was trying to use one excel file to control section access of two separate QVW's. Which is why you see column names as PART1 and PART2. I use NTNAME for authentication so windows takes care of all of that.

But as you see it looks just like the script.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply but can you please create a sample QVW ... it will be a great help