f2 as 2
f3 as 2
from ***************************

left join(type)
load num(number) as numbers
,cost
resident table1;

this num() didn't work. Why?
is that because of crosstable? What should i do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You may need the Num#() function. Try the following piece of script after the one posted above:

DROP TABLE Table2; TableNum:NOCONCATENATE LOAD weight, Num(Num#(zone)) AS zone, // This "forces" to interpret field "zone" as numeric Num(cost) AS costRESIDENT TableCrossed; DROP TABLE TableCrossed;

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

My guess is that the original table has some values in fields f1, f2, f3, etc. that are not interpretable as numeric, for some reason. What you are doing in your crosstable load script is rename your field "f1" to "1" instead of actually assigning the value "1" to field "f1". Is that possible? Is that the expected behavior?

Try for testing

Table1Temp:LOAD Num(f1) AS f1FROM Table....

As see if the values are formatted properly.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel

i have 2 tables.
table1: Table2:
+++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+country +zone + +weight +f1 +f2 +f3 +
+AB +2 + +0.5 +6 +8 +10 +
+BC +5 + +1 +8 +10 +12 +
+DG +4 + +1.5 +11 +13 +15 +
+++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I used crosstable to change table2 like this.

+++++++++++++++++++++
+weight +zone +cost +
+0.5 +1 +6 +
+1 +1 +8 +
+1.5 +1 +10 +
+++++++++++++++++++++

That's why i need to change f1 to 1. And now its in string so i need to change it to number.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Taking advantage of one previous posted answer:

FieldLabelsMap:MAPPING LOAD * INLINE [ LABEL_NAME, LABEL_TEXT f1, 1 f2, 2 f3, 3]; table1: LOAD * INLINE [country, zoneAB, 2BC, 5DG, 4]; Table2:LOAD * INLINE [weight, f1, f2, f30.5, 6, 8, 10 1, 8, 10, 12 1.5, 11, 13, 15 ]; RENAME FIELDS USING FieldLabelsMap; // Check the table above, change as needed TableCrossed:CROSSTABLE (zone, cost) LOAD *RESIDENT Table2;

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Well i tried your script. Point is i need to change text to number in zone field. But its still text in zone field. i tried num(zone) but its gave me null.
Sorry im new in QV. Is there any magical functions or trick to do this. num() didn't work this one.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You may need the Num#() function. Try the following piece of script after the one posted above:

DROP TABLE Table2; TableNum:NOCONCATENATE LOAD weight, Num(Num#(zone)) AS zone, // This "forces" to interpret field "zone" as numeric Num(cost) AS costRESIDENT TableCrossed; DROP TABLE TableCrossed;

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel.

you're the best.