Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Quotes Removed from Alias

Hi

I am a new user of QlikView and I have a problem. Our expert has never seen this.

I am loading data from Access tables as well as from Oracle tables. We are trying to limit the fields for linking the data in QlikView to two: Date and a Name.

The field names are not consistant in the data, so I created uniform aliases when loading the data - as an example:

Load Nm as "Name",

DT as "Date"

This is where it gets odd. When I get the data loaded to QlikView, the Access data links only to other Access data, and Oracle data only to Oracle data.

The Access Table links all show the alias as entered, with the quotes ("Name", "Date"). The Oracle data shows the aliases without the quotes (Name, Date).

When I look at the tables in QlikView, both data types show filed names with the quotes.

They do not link to each other.

Can someone enlighten me as to how I can keep the quotes on the Oracle data?"

Thank you!!!

6 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Stupid question, but why the qoutes? They aren't needed by QV, if you need to included spaces or escape characters in your field names use square brackets instead.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think Oracle loads all field names in Uppercase. And since Field names are case sensitive in QlikView, fields do not get associated.

This is helpfull of course if you removed the quotes and it still does not work.

Not applicable
Author

Alexander is right, I remember reading it's something to do with the ODBC drivers here: http://community.qlik.com/message/238088#238088

Square brackets should be used if in doubt.

Edit: This is only about the original field value though... aliases don't need quotes unless they contain spaces.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

Andy Schmidt

HealthPartners Dental Clinic Operations

952-883-7734

andrew.m.schmidt@healthpartners.com

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the information – I’m new to this and had no idea I could use brackets…

Very helpful

Andy Schmidt

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the information – I’m new to this and had no idea I could use brackets…

Very helpful!

Andy Schmidt