Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Web Document "Close" Button

Hi All,

When you open a document in the accesspoint, in the top right hand corner there is a close button, which does indeed close the document.  However it leaves a blank screen with a restore button in place of close.  This seems counter-intuiative as a user experience.  The expectation is that when a user hits close, they are returned to the accesspoint dashboard to enable them to select another report.

Is there anyway to customise the button to behave in this way?

Thanks,

D

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This code is not supported and it is server side and is for SR1 of version 11

Open the opendoc.htm with a text editor and search for

1. window.open ("http://localhost/qlikview","_self") should be around line 107

Change the localhost in the about to the URL for your server.

Place the attached opendoc.htm in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax and restart your webserver. 

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This should help you.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2853

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

That is indeed very usefull and something I will be implementing in future.

However, what I really want to do is return the user to the main accesspoint dashboard when they click "close", not leave them at a blank screen.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,

Dhiren

nicktodd
Creator
Creator

Dhiren

I have exactly the same query. Did you find a way to make the close button take you back the main Access Point main page?

Thanks

Nick

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This code is not supported and it is server side and is for SR1 of version 11

Open the opendoc.htm with a text editor and search for

1. window.open ("http://localhost/qlikview","_self") should be around line 107

Change the localhost in the about to the URL for your server.

Place the attached opendoc.htm in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax and restart your webserver. 

Bill

nicktodd
Creator
Creator

Thanks Bill, I'll give that a try (we are on QV11 SR1)

Regards

Nick

nicktodd
Creator
Creator

Bill,

Well we gave this a try but are unable to get it to work - the close button works as before. I'm wondering if you can suggest anything we can do to track down the problem?

Regards

Nick

nicktodd
Creator
Creator

OK I have investigated a bit further - it was simply that I hadn't cleared my browser cache - once I did that it worked fine .

Thanks

Nick

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this contribution, it works fine!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you know how to get this to work in V12.10? new opendoc.htm doesn;t reference the localhost.