Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report with measures divided monthly

Hi,

I need to produce a report that shows one ore more measures divided by month or, in other terms, each column of the report must represent a month (jan, feb, marc, ...).

I have loaded my SQL Server data grouping by year and month. Do I do a load for each month or do I create a column report in a box for each month?

Any suggest to me, please? Thanks

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

can you post a excel sheet or a paint image with sample data of what you are trying to achieve,.. otherwise its hard to understand the requirement??

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Ok. This a simple example. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I replied to your other post, but copying it here again....

Hello i have a similar kind of report, however instead of Month names, I have numbers from 1-12. Anyways do you have the Month Dimension table where you have the months as Jan, Feb, March if so then you can do it if not then create 12 expressions each for a month and ofcourse year can be selectable, and then names these expressions. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

ANDY

Not applicable
Author

Ok. I have a Time Dimension (Year and Month). Which box to use to show the monthly data? Table or a pivot?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

You obviously need to use the Month Dimension... but you mean to say its the format.. of your Time Dimension? whats the format of your Time Dimension if tis something like 2011/04 then you need to separate this when you load the data. Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Its a PIVOT chart and only in that can you play with the Dimensions...

Not applicable
Author

I think to organize two separate fields, Year and Month, with year selectable from a list box. I'm not sure that using a pivot chart it 's the better choice. I must show product code, product description and other product attributes.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Do you create 12 month measure fields or not? Thanks