Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

Format of People and Group SharePoint column data when loading into QlikView via RPC calls

I have been able to successfully load SharePoint list data into QlikView via RPC calls as outlined in this Wiki post: http://community.qlik.com/wikis/qlikview-wiki/reading-data-from-sharepoint-lists-into-qlikview.aspx.

However, the value of each data from People or Group type SP columns is preceded by a number and pound sign. For example, the list of Program Managers comes in like this . . .

189;#Smith,John

134;#Doe,Jane

Etc.

I just want to pull in Smith, John and Doe, Jane. Has anyone else encountered this and resolved it in their load script?

Thank you,

Ellen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't ever load data from SharePoint, but the question looks clear. There are many ways, the easiest is probably this:
subflield('ProgramManager', '#', 2) as ProgramManager
It will return the text after the first # (and before the 2nd, which will never happen, I assume)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't ever load data from SharePoint, but the question looks clear. There are many ways, the easiest is probably this:
subflield('ProgramManager', '#', 2) as ProgramManager
It will return the text after the first # (and before the 2nd, which will never happen, I assume)

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you!

mschroff
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

In my opinion this is not the correct answer.  My sharepoint data has a variety of delimiters in it which I have to handle on a case by case basis using string functions like findoneof(), textbetween(), etc.  Sometimes the delimiters are in the middle of the valid text.

Anyone have any idea how to make the data come in completely clean?

Not applicable

Hi

The particular sharepoint where I am going to fetch the data needs authentication. Could you please let me how that can be done please.

Created the new thread for the same below.

http://community.qlik.com/message/249859#249859

Thanks,

qlikview forum

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Ellen

I am also trying to load the sharepoint data into QlikView via RPC calls but I couldn't find the required link in the below post. Could you please tell me where exactly it is?

http://community.qlik.com/wikis/qlikview-wiki/reading-data-from-sharepoint-lists-into-qlikview.aspx

Thanks,

Qlikview Forum

Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

The link does not exist. I am trying to load the persons and group list (_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0)  as a mapping for another list which brings me the persons and group columns as numbers(ID) when I load it to qlik sense and I want to see the names.

The problem is that I am using Qlik web connectors to load the lists from Sharepoint, but the program can't find the "_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0" list.

When I bring the IDs of the lists from the sub-site, the list above doesn't appear.

Thank you!