Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

fails to open document with "-prj" folder

Hi,

I want to integrate source code management with svn but I am struggling right at the beginning.

After generating the "-prj" folder and making some changes, I can't open the file any longer. It says a licensed user created the file, thus I am not authorized to open it.

I am using the personal edition without any license and I did the following:

- Create a .qvw- file

- Create a "-prj" folder

- Open .qvw-file and make some changes, Save & Close

- Try to reopen .qvw --> error: fails to open

Several documents appeared in the project folder, but I can't open my dashboard.

Can I just use the project folder when having a license?

I hope someone might help me with this topic.

Corinna

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

demo video

try follow the same it should work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6kzZHCJjMU

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. I read the blog and watched the video, but I'm still facing the problem that an error occurs saying a licensed user created the file. I made all the listed steps with the  creating the -prj folder and an empty .qvw, renaming and so on.

I'm using QlikView 11 though... I will try to use the integrated option to use svn. Maybe this works better, but I am still curious why the other way doesn't seem to work for me

Not applicable
Author

When trying to use the workaround to manage source code as it has been with QlikView 10, Creating a -prj folder, I still have the problem that I can't recreate the .qvw from the -prj folder. Has anyone an idea why an error occurs saying I haven't the permission to open the dashboard because I am using a private license?

Since I am using QlikView 11 I wanted to try the integrated svn solution. Is it possible to use it with tortoise svn? Which DLL do I have to use?

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

The svn connection works now fine, but I have stil my inital problem.

I cannot rebuild my .qvw-file from the "-prj"-folder. It says that the dashboard was created by a licensed user and thus can't be open.  I used my private edition for creating and trying to rebuild the dashboard.

Do you need a license to use svn properly??

Thank you in advance!

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't anyone know why I am not able to open the dashboard after downloading from SVN or rebuilding it with the "-prj" folder??

Not applicable
Author

still no solution...

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Corinna

I don't think you can open a qvw file from a -prj folder with personal edition. I know the older versions of Qlikview did not support importing layouts without a license, and I assume that this is true of importing the layouts from the -prj folder as well with versions 10 and 11.

Perhaps someone from Qlikview could confirm whether or not this is the case.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein