cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Word Cloud Extension

Hi All,

I created a word cloud extension using Jquery and JQCloud plugin. Every thing looks fine, except qlikview selection part.

Every time i select a dimension in the word cloud, it is always selecting the last dimention in the table (this.data).

Can some one verify and correct the code? ( the issue is somewhere in the data generation part whish  is in script.js file).

Reference: https://github.com/lucaong/jQCloud

Regards,

Venkatesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

I also updated your script file so that it works properly (I handled events differently from Alexander--I used jQuery).  I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry,

Here is the correct .qar file

Regards.

Venkatesh

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey,

You are running into scope and closure problems. I wont deep dive into the issue itself since it's pretty complicated but google for javascript closure and you will find alot of smarter people then me explaning it

Anyways, here is an updated version of the extension with a working event handler. I also cleaned up a bit, check the code I tried to comment some of the stuff.

Nicole-Smith

I also updated your script file so that it works properly (I handled events differently from Alexander--I used jQuery).  I hope it helps!

agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Nice job ! Nicole's version works fine for me. But It seems rendering only 40 values, is it something that can be overrided then if yes, where?

Thx,

Nicole-Smith

In the Definition.xml file,

<ExtensionObject Label="Word Cloud" Description="Generates an interactive Tag Cloud" PageHeigth="10000">

should be

<ExtensionObject Label="Word Cloud" Description="Generates an interactive Tag Cloud" PageHeight="10000">

and you can change the 10,000 to whatever you would like.

(Sorry, when I looked at the extension, I only edited the script file and didn't look at anything else.)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. When i include your extenstion object into qlikview it is throwing some javascript error. (Line 6)

Dont know what is the issue. Could you please check the code once again.

Regards

Venkatesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the reply and It is working fine.

Regards

Venkatesh

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nicole for your great edition.

May I know can we set the word cloud to display only the top 10 words?

For example:

Dimension = Market

expression = sum([Media Investment])

Display only 10 words instead of 11 words as shown below.

Capture.PNG.png

Additional question is PageHeigth is refer to total number of character?

Thanks and best regards,

Chanel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you venkytcs abd Nicole ,

This extension object works fine for me but It is possible to sort the data set in this object ?

I searched for this option but didn't find on chart properties .

Please assists how we can sort the data within this word cloud chart .