Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent: Headers for expressions

Hi all,

I have a straight table with one dimension (Week) and a lot of expressions. I would like to have a label (Label-1) right next to expressions (1-5),
similary another label (Label - 2) right next to expressions (6-9). Find attached the excel which has the existing and desired straight tables.

Is there any way i can do this?

Thanks,

Harsha

7 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you use a pivot table instead of a straight table it should be possible.  If you want more help, you will need to post a sample .qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Find attached the sample qlikview file. Can you please help me?

Tkx,

Harsha

Nicole-Smith

It looks like some load script would need to be written in order to get your data in a format that you could use to make those labels.  Without knowing your data model, there is no way for me to really help you in writing it (and I probably don't have the time to learn your data model if you could send it to me).  If you want to cheat, you could always make it look as if there are labels next to the expressions by using text boxes (see attached, picture is also below).

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi...How did you get the labels right next to the expressions as a part of the table itself?

Nicole-Smith

The labels that I have next to the table are not a part of the table itself (they are text boxes).  I just made them look like they are part of the table.  Hence what I said about "cheating".

Not applicable
Author

Can this be done using a pivot chart instead of a straight table?

Tkx

Nicole-Smith

If you write load script to get it in a format that you can use on the pivot table.