Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server backup before formatting

Hi,

I want to install a new windows server version on the qlikview server machine.

I know that i need to reinstall the qlikview server but dont want to redefine all the qlikview server setting from the beginning,

so what can i do to preserve these server setting (like security,reload plans,documents settings Etc)

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Matan, what version are you using?

If you're using QlikView 10 or 11 you need to backup the folder c:\programdata\qliktech.

That's where all settings are.

A few other things to take into consideration

- QlikView server root folder files hold license assignment information. Check the value at QEMC>System>Server>Folders

- Also backup all QVW applications and QVD files

- If you have any ODBC connections created you might want to document those before formatting.

- You can use the powertools to backup DMS authorization settings and CAL assigment just in case something doesn't copy correctly.

- If you're using NTFS as your authorization mechanism remember to use a tool that will also backup file permissions like Robocopy.

I think that covers most situations.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can someone please help me....

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Matan, what version are you using?

If you're using QlikView 10 or 11 you need to backup the folder c:\programdata\qliktech.

That's where all settings are.

A few other things to take into consideration

- QlikView server root folder files hold license assignment information. Check the value at QEMC>System>Server>Folders

- Also backup all QVW applications and QVD files

- If you have any ODBC connections created you might want to document those before formatting.

- You can use the powertools to backup DMS authorization settings and CAL assigment just in case something doesn't copy correctly.

- If you're using NTFS as your authorization mechanism remember to use a tool that will also backup file permissions like Robocopy.

I think that covers most situations.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot !!!

About the first backup - the c:\programdata\qliktech folder,

After the windows and the qlikview server installation i just need to replace c:\programdata\qliktech folder with the old one?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Yes, you would need to replace it after qlikview has been installed. I believe the folder won't get created until you start any of the services so you can just copy right after the install before you start any services.

If the server is changing names or IP address, make sure you go into the QEMC and correct any references to old names o IP addresses.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel

it is the last two points that I wonder how to do ?

thank you for your answer