Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change expression font color based on targets

Hi All, 

I have to implement a functionality where I have to change the font color based on targets specified in excel sheet. For each product there are different targets and operators for which different font colors have been specified.

I needs to show different font color of sales according to provided excel sheet. I have attached the qvw file and configurable excel sheet.

Please check the text color of Sales expression. It is not working. After some investigation I found that the Operator1, Color1 etc are coming as a text from excel sheet that's why it is not working. Is there any other way to achieve this functionality.

Please provide your expert comments.

Thanks in Advance,

Anosh Nathaniel

8 Replies
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anosh,

I had a simalar question to you some time ago. Try looking at this thred http://community.qlik.com/message/175527#175527

Richard

Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard,

I have gone through your post but this is not the similar question which I am asking. It is different problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Anosh Nathaniel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh,

Unforunately, I am running a personal edition, so couldn't open your QVW file but based on what I understood from your description I think that you are looking for a conditional color formatting of the text which in your case is the "target".

Assuming that you are displaying the sales target in a table, you can set different conditional colors by going to the Expressions tab in the table properties. Simply expand the expression and you will see the option "Text Color". Click "Text Color" and enter the conditional expression in the "Definition" area. The expression should be something like this:

If(sum(SalesTarget) < 1000000, Red(),

If(sum(SalesTarget) > 1000000, If(sum(SalesTarget) > 5000000, Green(),

Blue())))

In the above expression, I am setting the SalesTarget to:

• Red - if it is less than 1 million
  • Blue - if it is between 1 and 5 million and
  • Green - if it is anything above 5 million

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Thank you very much for your reply but this is not what I am looking for. I want to take the operator ('<' or '>' or '>=' or '<=') directly from excel sheet and create the if clause in expression similar as you have created. This can be achieved using variables, but I can't create variables for each product as product may be 100 or 200 and user can specify different operator for each product.

Hope I am able to explain my problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Anosh Nathaniel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Experts,

Please suggest any solution for my problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Anosh Nathaniel

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think I understand what you are trying to do, but the Excel file is difficult to interpret into a dynamic Qlikview expression (for example, no between operator). It looks like you are trying to colour products according to low/medium/high bands with different limits for each product.

The way I handle something like this is to use Class or Interval match to 'band' the values, and then colour the results based on the class or interval band. You could use the extended interval match syntax to get product specific banding

The spreadsheet would contain the fields: Product, Low, High

You could load this into like this:

Intervals:

LOAD Product,

'Low' As Band,

0 As [From],

Low As [To]

From ProductBands.xlsx

(.....)

Concatenate

LOAD Product,

'Medium' As Band,

Low+1 As [From],

High-1 As [To]

From ProductBands.xlsx

(.....)

Concatenate

LOAD Product

'High' As Band

High As [From],

Null() As [To]

From ProductBands.xlsx

(.....)

Then use intervals something like

Left Join (Sales)

IntervalMatch(Sales, Product)

LOAD [From], [To] Resident Intervals;

Left Join (Sales)

LOAD * Resident Intervals;

Drop Table Intervals;

In the chart, use the colour expression:

=Pick(Match(Band, 'Low', 'Medium', 'High'), RGB(225,0,0), RGB(0,0,225), RGB(0,127,0))

Hope that helps to get you started

Jonathan

Changed to Concatenate

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh,

RE. No.4 reply, you say that this can be done using variables. Could you let me know how you do this.

I am having a similar issue, but as my dataset is smaller I might be able to use variables.

Thanks

H

Not applicable
Author

Have you got the answer for the issue...???????