need dynamic column while loading

I have on excel which contains the columns as below

Messageno
naturepriority
1assistance1
2correction2
3evolution3
4project4

while loading the data i would like another column to be added dynamically with the column nameticket_type and with few conditions like:

1. if in nature column value is assistance and correction then in column ticket_type fopr corresponding record it should be incident.

2. if in nature column value is evolution then in column ticket_type fopr corresponding record it should be changemgmt.

3. if in nature column value is project then in column ticket_type fopr corresponding record it should be project.

After loading the data should be loaded in this way

Messagenonaturepriorityticket type
1assistance1incident
2correction2incident
3evolution3changemgmt
project
4project

Thanks in advance

Venu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Venu, Please find below the script for your current requirement. I hope this helps.

TableXYZ:

LOAD Messageno,

nature,

priority,

if(nature = 'assistance' or nature = 'correction', 'incident',

if(nature = 'evolution', 'changemgmt',

if(nature='project','project'))) AS ticket_type

FROM

TABLE xyz.qvd;

If you are going to have multiple values, then form an inline table with two fields nature, ticket_type and use applymap in the load script.  (or) You can join the table with ticket_type with your TableXYZ and still get the ticket_type field in your table.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Venu, Please find below the script for your current requirement. I hope this helps.

TableXYZ:

LOAD Messageno,

nature,

priority,

if(nature = 'assistance' or nature = 'correction', 'incident',

if(nature = 'evolution', 'changemgmt',

if(nature='project','project'))) AS ticket_type

FROM

TABLE xyz.qvd;

If you are going to have multiple values, then form an inline table with two fields nature, ticket_type and use applymap in the load script.  (or) You can join the table with ticket_type with your TableXYZ and still get the ticket_type field in your table.