Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Scatter Chart Pop Up Label Issue

Hi All,

I have been successfully implementing this with ease in google maps etc in the past, but facing an issue for the first time.

Dimension:

A & B & C

Expression 1

sum(X)

Expression 2:

sum(Y)

Expession 3(For Size):

sum(Z)

Expession 4(For Pop Up):

'First=' & sum(X) & 'Second' & sum(Y) & 'Third=' & sum(Z)

Issue:

By Default, the bubbles appears only if expression 4 is disabled.

If I am enable expression 4, the bubbles disappear and I only see the dimesion legend on the right.

The bubbles re-appear with the 4th expression enabled and pop up visible, ONLY if I limit my selections with something at a lower level (Which also tell me nothing is wrong with expression 4)

One thing to note is that the dataset is huge , so is the dimension list (combination key of A & B & C). Tried increasing dimesion limitation and max labels but didnt help either

Can any one point out a mistake I could be making or is there a limitation/bug somewhere? Any help will be appreciated1

Thanks,

Siddharth

10 Replies
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just To add,

Text as PopUp is enabled for the 4th Expression, which is basic but wanted to clarify

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

After putting hours, I found that the log scale is d culprit.

If I unselect the log scale(that i used for y axis), the bubbles appear and the pop up(From 4th Expression) works as well.

Has anyone experienced why the log scale would cause the buubles to disappear, if the pop expresiion is enabled?

Not applicable

I just learned this this morning.  With your third expression - make a copy of your expression and paste it.  With the copy (fourth expression) do the following in your expression:

'label text = ' & expression

Make sure your original expression does not have the Text as Pop-up checked, otherwise the bubbles could expand.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Hi,

I also have the similar issue,i have 2expression and i have add 3rd expression as

'Severity:'& (

count(CASE_COUNT

))

When add it first time, the bubbles disappear.

After reading your post  and unchecking te log scale i m able to see the bubbles, but now i m not able to see the value on the data point

Can any one tell why this happening....?

Its little urgent.....:P

Not applicable

Hi,

I also have the similar issue,i have 2expression and i have add 3rd expression as

count(CASE_COUNT

))

After reading your post  and unchecking te log scale i m able to see the bubbles, but now i m not able to see the value on the data point

Its little urgent.....:P

Not applicable

Hi,

count(CASE_COUNT

))

Its little urgent

Not applicable

Hi,

Its little urgent

Not applicable

I have a similar scatter chart, but a the opposite effect: as soon as I enable a fourth expression (regardless if it is a constant string or some composite), my legend disappears completely.

Disabling the fourth expression brings back the legend.

I was not able to solve this behaviour, so I am wondering if this is a product bug.

Not applicable

I was having the same problem with my scatter plot data disappearing when I selected log scales. It turned out the problem was I had several zero values in my data set, and you can't take the log of zero, so Qlikview just decided not to show any data. I solved the problem by adding "+.001" to the end of all my expressions, and then the data displayed on the log scales just fine.