Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error when choosing dimension in Extension Object Example "Calendar of Events"

Hey there,

i am quite new to qlikview but until now I could always manage my problems with the existing discussions in this community.

Now I have a problem which I can totally not solve despite trying different solutions I read.

My Problem:

I want to integrate the Extension Object Example "Calendar of Events". I installed the .qar and everything but when I am at the point of choosing the dimensions of the extension object I get the following error message :

"line: 58" "Error: $.ui.autocomplete' is null or not an object" " Code:0" " URL: http://qlikview/QvAjaxZfc/QvAjax.js"

As a result I cannot choose any dimension.

I already read that the internet explorer version might be a problem. I am using internet explorer 8 and it's the default setting. For solving my problem i deactivated and then activated the internet explorer and double checked that its the correct version. Additionally i reinstalled the extension .qar but to no avail.

I am using the QlikView Version 11.00.1154.0 IR 64 Bit Edition as a private user... Has anyone a clue what I should do next? I really need to integrate this extension and it has already needed too much time yet.

Thanks in advance!

Corinna

14 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Can you post a .qvw where it isn't working?  I'll take a look at it.

Not applicable
Author

Sure, I attached an example.

Thank you in advance!

Nicole-Smith

I don't get an error when picking dimensions on the calendar.  I am currently running IE9 and QV11 SR1 64-bit, but I was using IE8 before, and the calendar worked fine then too.  I'm attaching the calendar extension that I have (maybe there is something different on the one that you have?).

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Upgrade to QV11 SR1, build number 11282, and it will fix your issue.

If you are unable to upgrade, try setting your dimensions directly in the definition.xml with the value property.

Not applicable
Author

The calendar doesn't look right yet, but upgrading the version solved the problem with the error message when coosing the dimension. Thank you so much!

And thanks for trying to help me, nicole_kowalsky