Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show specific dimension responses in a graph

I have  "Overall Experience" question with 5 responses "Extremely Satisfied" ,"Satisfied" ,"Neutral" ,"Dissatisfied"  and "Extremely Dissatisfied".

I selected "Overall Experience" as a dimension, but i want to show in the graph only the  Dissatisfied and Extremely Dissatisfied

How can i do this?? Can you please help

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can either use a calculated dimension:

=if([Overall Experience]  = 'Dissatisfied' or [Overall Experience] = 'Extremely Dissatisfied', [Overall Experince])

(and check 'suppress when value is NULL' in dimension tab of chart properties)

or use [Overall Experience] as dimensions (as you now do), and add a so called set expression to your aggregation functions (I assume you do use some aggregation functions like count(Response)):

=count({<[Overall Experience]= {'Dissatisfied','Extremely Dissatisfied'}>} Response)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

whiteline
Master II
Master II

In case =count({<[Overall Experience]= {'Dissatisfied','Extremely Dissatisfied'}>} Response)

the user selection of [Overall Experience] values will be discarded for counting.

If its not suitable use 'intersaction' of sets:

=count({$*$<[Overall Experience]= {'Dissatisfied','Extremely Dissatisfied'}>} Response)

Not applicable
Author

I tried this and it worked

if ( [overall experience] = 'Dissatisfied' or [overall experience] = 'Extremely dissatisfied',sum(Count),0)

now it showed me the dissatisfied and Extremely dissatisfied, but now if i want to get it in percentage

i have to divide sum(Count) / ( sum ( "Extremely satisfied", "Satisfied","Neutral","dissatisfied","extremely dissatisfied")

how can i get  sum ( "Extremely satisfied", "Satisfied","Neutral","dissatisfied","extremely dissatisfied")

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you just need to divide by sum(total Count):

=if ( [overall experience] = 'Dissatisfied' or [overall experience] = 'Extremely dissatisfied',sum(Count),0)

/

sum(total Count)

or if you want to try with a set expression:

=sum({<[Overall Experience] = {'Extremely dissatisfied','Dissatisfied'}>} Count) /

sum(total Count)

I assumed, that you are only using one dimension, if you are using more than one, you need to add a field list to your total qualifier, e.g.

....  / sum(total<Dimension1FieldName> Count)

Please check the Help file for more details about the total qualifier.

Hope this helps,

Stefan