Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New QV11 Test Servers doing my head in

This is more of a {rant} at QlikTech than a question.

I have over the past few months listened with great enthusiasm to Donald Farmer's various speeches about "QV.Next" and how it's going to be gorgeous and beautiful etc

I then installed a QV11 test server at a client site.

Unlike QV10, the words TEST in huge letters appear all over the shop, completely obsuring many of the objects within the applications. Amongst other things, this makes "TESTING" a complete nightmare... users can't see dimension attributes, have little or no idea half the time about what they are qliking on, and the whole appearance is pretty dreadful. Certainly not georgeous or beautiful!!

C'mon guys - I know you have to differentiate between non-PROD and PROD environments and stop people taking the P#SS out of licensing rules, but surely in this day & age there is a better solution than obscuring pretty much everything with a big fat TEST.

Or have I missed a switch or trick somewhere and this can be made more gorgeous?

Regards,

Will

15 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

There was a bug introduced in V11 whereby the watermark became 'obnoxious'.  This is being fixed in SR2 (September), to return the watermark to a more true image as in V10. A patch is available from support if required

Not applicable
Author

It definitely is more obtrusive now.  For example all my my Chart Names now just say @test server.  I am trying to figure out why it is not showing the titles with the @test server. 

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There might be some changes coming to this in a Service release. We will have to wait and see.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

John,

Thanks for your response. I will advise my client to ask for the patch via support.

Good news that it may be fixed in a later SR.

Thanks,

Will

Not applicable
Author

hello

with test server license on version 11.00.11282.0 there are "@test server" phrase in titles of objects viewing document using IE plugin,using AJAX and using QV client when opening remotely document in server. Only opening locally on server with QV client there is no any "@test server" in document.

Will behaviour change with SR2 ?

Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There will always be some form of test in the objects on a server that has a Test license. The problem in the pass was the size and density of the word TEST that was used.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.