Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated colour in table box not working properly

Hi there.

I'm trying to use a conditional formatting for a table box (I'm using QV 10)

I already managed in the past to conditional format a dimension, but here I'm having a lot of trouble.

Basically, according to the quantity in PORecQty, I would like to have one background colour or another; ideally, the discriminator should be PORecQty>0.

I tried so many different ways (eventually switched from '>' to   '=' to make things simpler, but all lines are always coloured in one colour.

This is what I have in the calculated field

If(PORecQty='25.000',rgb(253,245,230),rgb(147,57,204))

I tried with or without ' ' , with or without decimals etcetc

Here below you can see a screenshot of all the settings involved in determining the background colour of my table box

I'm pretty sure is just a tiny detail which I'm missing out, but I really can't find my way.

Thanks!

table_box.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried to select the row with the value 25.000? As far as i know, a background color for a tablebox can only be set for the complete table box (all current selections). Once you select only the rows with 25.000, you will see that the color changes to the correct one.

If you want multiple colors at the same time (depending on the value of the PORecQty, you should use a straight table (chart) instead of a tablebox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried to select the row with the value 25.000? As far as i know, a background color for a tablebox can only be set for the complete table box (all current selections). Once you select only the rows with 25.000, you will see that the color changes to the correct one.

If you want multiple colors at the same time (depending on the value of the PORecQty, you should use a straight table (chart) instead of a tablebox.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

you should use a straight table (chart) instead of a tablebox.

Also, you have to use Backgroud Color propertie of expressions (and dimensions if you want to colorize all cells) instead of Backgroud Color for entire Chart.

Not applicable
Author

michelkr wrote:

Many thanks, actually the Straight Table in Charts did the trick.

Now ti does presicely what I want to do!

I jsut have a doubt concerning how to  "organise" this table. It is supposed to show all the incoming shipmetns, closed and still open.

For the straight table to work, I had to select at least one expression, thus I selected the Shipped Qty as the expression and all the other fields I'm interested into, as dimensions.

Is there a better approach?

Why shall I select as expression Shipped Qty instead of, for example, Received Qty?

Indeed correct you were: in listbox, when I was filtering just 25, colour of the whole list box was changing!

Not applicable
Author

whiteline wrote:

you should use a straight table (chart) instead of a tablebox.

Also, you have to use Backgroud Color propertie of expressions (and dimensions if you want to colorize all cells) instead of Backgroud Color for entire Chart.

true, I noticed that I should colorise all single dimensions to achieve the effect.

Actually, attempts I did in the past with calculated colours were involving charts, thus dimensions and expressions were available to be colourised.

Now with that listbox, dimensions and expression were not avaialble, thus I was quite lost and opted for background colouir of the entire chart!